- Score and part: $5 (reproduction rights for two scores and violin part; additional charge for hard copies)
- For high voice (soprano or tenor), violin, and piano
- Secular text: poem by E.E. Cummings
- Difficulty rating (1-5): 4
- View a PDF score excerpt
- Purchase, request full review copy or more information, etc.
My setting of this tender tribute by E.E. Cummings to his mother, and his father’s love for her, was the first piece of music I wrote at Plymouth State University. It was premiered by and is dedicated to my colleagues Kathleen Arecchi, soprano, Bozena O’Brien, violin, and Carleen Graff, piano.
Key words: solo, vocal, secular, love, parent, poem, poetry, trio, chamber, music, modern, contemporary, classical, composition